The proposal I present is based, in part, on what we discussed during the consultation; what your expectations are; and how I might achieve your goals for this project.
In developing this proposal, I consider the following factors:
- What goal do you want to achieve by hiring me?
- Space: How many spaces in your home do you want designed? How large are those spaces?
- Money: How much money are you willing to invest in this project?
- Time: How long do you anticipate it will take to complete the project? Do you have a deadline?
- For what purpose will the spaces to be designed be used?
- If you find that some thing or things you wanted done cannot be done due to one or more constraints, what part(s) of the project would you consider most important?
- What do you value? In other words, what motivates you and guides your decisions?
- What do you value in terms of the project?
- What role do aesthetics play in your evaluation of the completed project?
- Included in the proposal is a preliminary design for your existing space, into which the following elements of design have been factored:
Included in the proposal is a preliminary design for your existing space, into which the following elements of design have been factored:
Use of the space
- What is the intended function of the new space?
- How is the room is designed to make it easy to walk around and through it comfortably?
- What amount of artificial light is necessary to augment the natural light to create a space in which all things are visible and the function for which the space is intended can be achieved?
- What size is the furniture and how much of it is there?
- At what height should artwork or wall décor be hung to be seen comfortably at eye level? How does the height of the furniture affect this?
The amount of stuff
- The size of the space of its intended purpose provide helpful information regarding what should be included in a room’s design.
- How practical is the space given its intended function?
Balance and harmony
- How cohesive and connected are the furnishings to each other and to the space?
Mood and atmosphere
- How do you want people to feel when they are in that space? What color, fabrics and furniture selection will achieve this?
- What color palate should be chosen given the previous 9 factors?
Also included in the proposal is a work plan and a timeline for completing the project. The plan and timeline ensure that I am using my time and your time effectively and efficiently, thereby saving unnecessary costs throughout the entire process.
If you decide that what I can do for you – as specified in the proposal – is what you are looking for, then you and I will sign the proposal, at which time it becomes our project agreement.